Content producer: SGUL
Devices: Android devices
Other requirements: Google Play Store
Tested on: Android phone
Type of information: OSCE examination
For: Medical students – Year 1 students would gain knowledge of what to expect at OSCE examination station via the app.
OSCEasy is an app designed for medical students, to help them revise OSCE examination skills. Written by junior doctors who have recently taken their final exams, the app provides a score sheet and timer for each of the sixteen most commonly encountered stations in OSCEs.
Ideally the app should be used to test your friends; with one allocated as the examiner and the other performing the examination, but can also be used as a revision tool. At the end of the examination you can email your results for reflection later.
- Free to download
- 16 unique OSCE stations to revise from – which more can be added in the future
- Can be used as both a lone revision tool or with friends
- Allows you to e-mail yourself your result to keep track of progress
- Has a buzzer to remind you when your time is almost up
- Very simple to get started and use the app, user-friendly
- Only available for Android devices
- OSCE stations available in app may not be so specific to students studying elsewhere
All posts on this blog are subject to the SGUL Library’s guide to mobile resources disclaimer, please take the time to read it carefully.