Name: Prognosis: Your Diagnosis
Publisher: Medical Joyworks
Devices: Android smartphones and tablets and iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
Other requirements: The app takes 2.8mb to install, but as you download more cases, it will use up more memory.
Tested on: Nexus 7
Available from: Apple’s iStore and the Android Market
Type of information: Clinical case simulation game for physicians, medical students, nurses, and paramedics.
For: Physicians, medical students, nurses, and paramedics.
- Main pros – Free. New cases available regularly. Easy to use interface
- Main cons – Simplistic binary choices for clinical case management.
This clinical case simulation games is very simple to use and quick to download. Once you’ve installed the main app, you are given a list of cases that you download individually. Pick the ones you want to download, and once they are stored on your phone, you wont need 3g or WiFi to access the cases. You can browse all medical cases, or pick from four different categories: medicine, surgery, gyn & obs, and pediatrics. For each case, you go through 3 steps.
- History: gives you information about the patient.
- Investigate: you are given a selection of diagnostic tests that you can choose to perform, for the example below, this included TSH + FT$ and MRI Thorax.
- Management: you are given four patient management choices to pick from. You can choose more than one option.
After this you are given a score depending on the choices that you have made.
Medical Joyworks have releases other versions of the app for particular specialties, such as cardiology and neurology.
All posts on this blog are subject to the SGUL Library’s guide to mobile resources disclaimer, please take the time to read it carefully.