The following information and image appears on the Cochrane Library web pages regarding their new free app for iPads:
The Cochrane Library iPad Edition presents the latest up-to-date evidence from The Cochrane Library in a convenient, easy to navigate format. Monthly issues feature Cochrane Systematic Reviews selected by the Editor in Chief and specifically abridged to provide the best possible iPad reading experience. The reviews are enriched with the addition of multimedia content, including podcasts, videos and slide decks.
In this app, you can easily access abstracts, read selected reviews, and view full-page summary of findings tables. With access to a range of topics each month, you can create a reading list tailored to your own interests. All content in the app is free, and new issues will be downloaded regularly to your Newsstand. The Cochrane Library iPad Edition is simple and easy to navigate and presents an optimized reading experience from your iPad.
- Read full editorials, listen to integrated podcasts and watch videos associated with reviews wherever you are
- Use multitouch gestures for easy viewing of tables and images
- Bookmark articles, images, tables and figures for convenient reading
- Read and access content offline even when on a plane, train, subway etc. without a network connection
- Export article PDFs to your favourite document manager or view PowerPoint article slide sets in a presentation app
Contact CochraneApp@wiley.com to recieve iPad Edition announcements via e-mail.